This Oreo Frappuccino is such a delightful treat to enjoy in the summer heat! No need to run to Starbucks as this yummy frozen drink is so easy to make at home with simple ingredients and a blender!
Creamy vanilla bean ice cream, chocolatey and sweet Oreos, and an optional shot of espresso make this frappuccino irresistible! If you love Oreos you will also love our Easter Oreos, Christmas Oreos, and Oreo Biscotti!
I love making this Oreo Frappuccino recipe at home when I crave a sweet treat and need a little caffeine boost! A trip to Starbucks for a family of 6 is a splurge but I can make this Starbucks copycat at home for a fraction of the cost when we are in the mood. Leave out the espresso shot for the kids! Here is another fun copycat the Starbucks Medicine Ball perfect for when you are under the weather or want something warm and cozy!
Why You'll Love This Copycat Starbucks Oreo Frappuccino Recipe
- It's easy to make and requires just a few common ingredients.
- It's a refreshing and indulgent treat that's perfect for a hot summer day.
- The combination of Oreos and chocolate chips creates a deliciously rich and creamy flavor.
- It can be customized to suit your preferences, whether you want it vegan, lower calorie, or more kid-friendly without the espresso.
- Ice: Use ice cubes vs. crushed ice for best results.
- Heavy Cream: You can substitute with half & half or whole milk for a lighter option.
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream: Use a high-quality ice cream for the best flavor.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: Use mini chocolate chips for easier blending and a smoother texture.
- Oreo Cookies: or chocolate sandwich cookies of your choice. Double Stuff Oreos will make for a sweeter drink.
- Espresso Shot: This is optional, but adds a nice depth of flavor to the Frappuccino. You can also substitute with strong coffee.
- Whipped Cream: Use homemade or store-bought whipped cream for garnish.
- Crushed Oreos: Use extra Oreos for added texture and flavor.
- Chocolate Syrup: Use homemade or store-bought chocolate sauce for garnish.
How to Make an Oreo Frappuccino
- Add Ice, Heavy Cream, and Ice Cream to a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add Oreos, chocolate chips, and espresso.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
Starbucks Secret Menu
Did you know about the Starbucks Secret Menu items? It's a collection of unofficial secret drink recipes that are not listed in the official regular menu items but can be made by request at most Starbucks locations. Customers or baristas usually create these secret menu drinks and are often inspired by popular flavors or seasonal ingredients. In addition to the Oreo, there is also a Cookies and Cream frappuccino on the Starbucks secret frappuccino menu. The Cookies and Cream Frappuccino is made by blending java chips into a White Chocolate Creme Frappuccino and topped with whipped cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Starbucks Oreo Frappuccino typically contains a blend of ice, milk, coffee, mocha sauce, vanilla syrup, and Oreo cookie pieces. It is topped with whipped cream and more Oreo cookie pieces.
To order an Oreo Frappuccino at Starbucks, ask for a Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino with white mocha sauce instead of regular mocha sauce. Ask the barista to add extra Oreo cookie crumbles and whipped cream on top.
A Frappuccino is a trademarked drink from Starbucks made with ice, milk, coffee, and other flavorings, blended together to create a smooth and creamy texture. A frappe, on the other hand, is a similar drink that originated in Greece and is made with instant coffee, water, sugar, and milk, blended together with ice to create a frothy texture. While both drinks are cold and refreshing, they have slightly different ingredients and preparation methods.
- Vegan- substitute the ice cream with a non-dairy alternative and use coconut milk and coconut whipped cream for garnish.
- Lighter version- use almond milk instead of heavy cream and reduce the amount of ice cream and use Oreo thins.
- Boozy version- Add a splash of Baileys or Kahlua for an adult version of this sweet treat.
- Choose high-quality ice cream, chocolate chips, and coffee to elevate your homemade Oreo Frappuccino. Ingredients do matter for the best-tasting treat!
- It's important to have all the ingredients ready to go before you start. That way, you can prevent the ice and ice cream from melting and making your drink watery.
- If you don't have an espresso maker, you can just leave out the espresso or use 1 teaspoon of espresso powder dissolved in ¼ cup of water instead. Or, if you prefer, you can swap it out for ¼ cup of strong, cooled coffee or decaf.
- Here's a little hack: if you don't have any chocolate sauce on hand, you can always melt a couple of tablespoons of chocolate chips in the microwave and add a drop or two of corn syrup to make a quick garnish for your frappuccino.
- This recipe makes a pretty large frappuccino, so if you're not looking for such a decadent treat, you can always split it into two servings for smaller portions. Enjoy!
More Fun Oreo Recipes
- 1 cup of ice
- ¼ cup half & half cream you can also use milk
- ¾ cup vanilla bean ice cream I used Breyers
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 4 Oreo cookies
- 1 shot of espresso about ¼ cup, cooled optional
- Whipped cream more crushed Oreos, and chocolate sauce for garnish
- Start by blending ice, ice cream, and cream in a high-speed blender until the mixture is smooth.
- Then, add mini chocolate chips, Oreos, and espresso shot (if desired), and blend again until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Finally, garnish the drink with whipped cream, crushed Oreos, and chocolate sauce as desired. Serve the drink immediately and enjoy!