Roasted Sesame Ginger Dressing
This roasted sesame ginger dressing will become your favorite! The toasted sesame, sweet maple syrup, and tangy lime are perfectly balanced!
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
Toast sesame seeds in a dry pan on medium heat, for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
Pour all ingredients ( ginger, garlic,red pepper flakes, maple syrup,tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice and olive oil) in an 8 oz mason jar.
Shake mason jar until ingredients are incorporated. Add in the cooled sesame seeds and stir. Taste and adjust spices to taste.
Refrigerate the dressing for about 15 minutes to allow flavors to meld or until ready to use.
- You can substitute honey for the maple syrup in the recipe if you prefer and soy sauce for the tamari also sriracha for the red pepper flakes.
- For even more flavor you can use fresh ginger and garlic but the dry ingredients save time!
- The dressing will separate over time so be sure to shake or stir before dressing the salad.
- Store any leftovers of the dressing in a mason jar in the refrigerator for 7 days. Dressed salad should be consumed immediately after preparing or salad ingredients become soggy.
Sodium: 5mgCalcium: 73mgVitamin C: 3mgVitamin A: 32IUSugar: 5gFiber: 1gPotassium: 85mgCalories: 233kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gFat: 23gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 8gIron: 1mg