Blueberry Gin Sour Cocktail
This Blueberry Gin Sour Cocktail is fruity and refreshing! Egg whites are replaced with aquafaba making it a great vegan cocktail!
- ½ cup blueberries (defrost frozen blueberries)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon aquafaba (liquid from can of chickpeas)
- 1.5 ounces gin
- lemon and blueberries for garnish
Add blueberries,lemon juice and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker.
Muddle the blueberries by pressing and twisting with a muddler.
Add the gin and the aquafaba to the muddled blueberries.
Dry shake the ingredients.
Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and shake again. Strain into a glass and garnish with blueberries and lemon if desired and enjoy!
- You can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this recipe. If using frozen allow them to defrost. Frozen wild blueberries are delicious in this recipe.
- Be sure to use freshly squeezed lemon juice, not bottled juice which will be too sour.
- If you don't need to make this drink vegan you can substitute pasteurized egg whites for the aquafaba. I prefer not to worry about the safety of the eggs so I love the aquafaba!
Sodium: 18mgCalcium: 16mgVitamin C: 21mgVitamin A: 42IUSugar: 23gFiber: 3gPotassium: 277mgCalories: 137kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 1gProtein: 1gCarbohydrates: 35gIron: 1mg